Thursday, September 26, 2013

Long week...

This week has been a little exhausting, and it has been hard to find the time and energy to sit down and try to be creative.  This means that our dinners have been pretty simple.  I've been trying to make them as healthy as possible(so, we won't talk about the apple cinnamon pancakes that we made last night).  ;)  In all seriousness, veggies have been in full effect!  



I had some fresh bell peppers and red onion...those just scream "fajitas" to me!  A week ago, I found these Beyond Meat chicken-free strips on sale for $3.00.  Maybe I had a fajita premonition!

 
I sliced the "chicken" strips up and stir fried them with the peppers, onions, and some spices.  Since I was out of tortillas, we ate the fajita mix on top of some rice and black beans with a side of steamed kale.  The kale was per Kyle's request...that boy just can't get enough!
 
 
Another simple meal that hit the spot.  The Beyond Meat chicken-free strips are pretty good.  I am not a huge fan of a lot of the meat substitutes out there.  I much prefer tofu, but it's fun to change it up once in awhile.  


No comments:

Post a Comment