Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pizza, Pizza!!!


I have a secret to tell you...I'm having a  love affair with pizza!  It doesn't matter what you top it with, "cheese" or no "cheese", or what kind of crust...I'm going to devour every bite!  I enjoy making my own pizza at home, because it's pretty easy and I can keep an eye on exactly what is going into it.  Not to say that I don't enjoy a to-go pizza once in awhile, but I always wonder how much oil and unnecessary extra ingredients are in it.  Thanks to Big Bertha, I was able to make an awesome pizza dough in about 5 minutes (not including time to rise). 
 
 
 
We topped it some Daiya mozzarella shreds, olives, red onion, and Upton's seitan bacon.  It was really, really tasty!
 
 
 
I was also thrilled with how the dough came out.  It was crispy on the bottom, but soft in the center, and had great flavor.  I was skeptical, seeing as I got the recipe out of the book that came with my stand mixer! 
 
Now, this next pizza that I am about to show you, was made a couple months ago.  But, I saw the picture in my files, and fondly remembered how incredible it was.  It also reminded me that I need to make it again ASAP!
 
 
This is the Roasted Garlic White Pizza with Macadamia Ricotta Salata & Spinach from "Keepin it Kind".  Kyle used to love white pizza and it had been a couple years since we were able to eat it.  When I found this recipe, I knew it would be a homerun!  What a pizza!  I think that this is one love affair that Kyle approves of.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment