Friday, September 27, 2013

Fall has arrived...

When I woke up this morning, I immediately noticed a chill in the air.  Could it be Fall?!?  The time has come...no more iced lattes!  I just had to stop at Starbucks and get a piping hot vanilla soy latte.

 
We really have cut down on our Starbucks intake, but once in awhile, it is a nice treat.  I am on vacation for the next 4 days, and I figured I should try to knock out all of my errands today, so that I can fully enjoy the rest of my weekend.  It was a blast getting my oil changed and my front license plate installed...NOT!  But I did savor this latte the entire time.  :)
 
When I got home, I was in the mood to bake some cookies.  I just bought this cookie press by OXO and was super excited to try it out.
 
 
It turned out that I shouldn't have put the sugar cookie dough in the fridge.  By the time I pulled it out, it was way too hard for the cookie press.  I ended up just rolling it out and slicing into little rounds.  I think that if my dough wasn't so hard, the press would have been awesome! 
 
 


Today just wasn't my day...I ended up overcooking them!  They're a tad bit crunchy, but definitely edible.  Better luck next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment