Sunday, September 8, 2013

Simple dinner...

The great tofu controversy...I keep reading about the conflicting arguments, as to whether or not tofu is bad for you.  For Kyle and I, we stick to everything in moderation.  I definitely enjoy some tofu a couple of nights each week.  I feel as though some of the most simple and tasty meals come from tofu.  This brings me to our dinner last night...

 
 

Some West Soy teriyaki tofu, Seeds of Change Spanish style rice, and steamed kale (which I ate a heaping plate of seconds).  It took about 5 minutes of prep, and was so delicious!

 
 
Like I have said before, I am totally addicted to steamed kale!  I wish Kyle didn't enjoy it so much, so there would be more for me :)
 
For dessert, I bought some of JJ's Sweets Cocomels. 
 
 
Pretty much amazing!!!  I haven't tasted a caramel like this, since before I was vegan!  I love when something tastes like the original!


4 comments:

  1. Looks like a delicious meal! Tofu-wise, I agree that moderation in everything is the best approach. There's a lot of scaremongering out there, for everything from tomatoes to toast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Helen! And I hadn't heard of Cocomels before, but they look sooo good. I'll have to try and find them where I live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the Cocomels at Whole Foods. If you can't find them near you, they can be ordered from their website. You can click on the link in my post :) Thanks so much for reading!

      Delete