Saturday, September 28, 2013

Never too late for a Spring cleaning...

For awhile now, I have been wanting to clean out my kitchen cabinets, but I just haven't had the energy.  Having 4 days to myself, I realized that I had no excuse anymore.  As I was reorganizing, I thought it might be fun to show what I regularly keep in our cupboards.  So here they are...

 
This is probably my favorite cabinet.  I have to have a variety of spices at all times, even though my favorites are pretty lame...black pepper and garlic.  I do love experimenting with all the different flavors.  I can't believe that I am just now starting to cook with smoked paprika!
 
 
 
I always have a smorgasbord of different grains (brown rice, lentils, quinoa, and pearled barley), and beans (kidney, pinto, garbanzo, navy, black eyed, and butter).  I also try to keep some random canned veggies, in case I need them (mushrooms, artichoke hearts, corn, and green chiles).

 
 
 
Canned tomatoes are essential for most of the soups and stews that I make.  Pasta is always on hand, in case we need a super quick and easy meal.  And there's the elusive polenta, which I still have never made!  My last cupboard contains all of my nuts, dried fruits, oils, and vinegars.  We have cut down on how much oil we use, but I do like using it in some recipes.
 
 
Here's a peek into our fridge as well.  On the top shelf, all of our favorite drinks...almond milk, iced coffee, OJ, and water.  In the middle, flaxseed, apple sauce, tahini, salsa, hummus, and some meat substitutes.  And saving the best for last, beautiful produce!  I stocked up on salad mix, kale, green beans, chives, carrots, onions, carrots, peppers, strawberries, and apples.
 
 
I saw this idea to use a planter basket as a wall mounted fruit holder, on Pinterest, and had to do it!  It gives me extra counter space for something else and fits everything perfectly!  In the basket are potatoes (red and fingerling), onions, zuchinni, tomatoes, kiwis, bananas, and limes.
 
 
That's it for our food!  Did you notice my Ryan Gosling dish towel hanging in the corner?  LOL!!!  I couldn't believe when I saw that for sale on Etsy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment