Sunday, September 29, 2013

Never too early for Thanksgiving...


Remember when I said that Fall was in the air?  Well, it has me craving Thanksgiving foods like crazy!  I didn't really care about the "turkey", just all of the sides.  I roasted some baby carrots and green beans, whipped up some mashed potatoes and crescent rolls, and sliced some canned cranberry sauce.

 
This dinner was outstanding!  It's amazing to me, how food can take you back in time.  The potatoes were super creamy and were loaded with chives, and they totally brought me back to eating my Grandma's potato salad...man, I miss her!  And yes, I do love whole cranberry sauce, but growing up, we always ate the canned stuff (and I love it too)!
 
 
I made sure to get a pumpkin scented candle, to help with the whole setup.  All in all, terrific dinner, and I'm really looking forward to cooking an actual Thanksgiving meal in a couple of months!

2 comments: