Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Who needs beef...

Sometimes when I think about how Kyle and I used to eat, it makes me sick.  Drive-thrus were a regular thing for us.  One of our favorites was Taco Bell, more specifically,  their crunchy beef burrito.  I was at whole Foods the other day, when I thought to myself, "Why can't I make an amazing, vegan crunchy beef burrito?"  So, I sought out the crucial ingredients...



                  
Smart Ground Mexican style crumbles, Seeds of Change Spanish style rice, and some crushed up Garden of Eatin' red hot blue tortilla chips, check!  Just a few more things, and I'd be set.
 
 
Some vegan queso and Tofutti sour cream, check! Last stop, nice big flour tortillas, check!  With all of the necessary ingredients, it was just a matter of heating things up and assembling. 
 
 


I had to laugh when I saw how horrible these pictures came out.  All I can say is that Kyle and I were starving, and I'm lucky that I even got these pictures!  And yes, I thought that these burritos were just as good as I remembered the other ones being, actually way better!
 

1 comment:

  1. I just tried the Seeds of Change Spanish style rice with black beans over it and it was quite tasty! I like how you use all the vintage Corning Ware and Pyrex dishes. We still use them all the time. :-)
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete