Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Better late than never...

Over a week ago, I was saying that I planned on making some chocolate covered strawberries.  In case you were wondering where I disappeared to...work has really exhausted me this last week.  Nevertheless, here I am, with an update on those strawberries.

 
Oh yeah!  These babies were delicious!  And I'm excited to announce that my husband is now a believer in this wonderful combination  :)
 
Moving on to the next delicious part of my life.  I have four words for you.
 
BANANA BREAD FRENCH TOAST
 
You heard me correctly!  Since we have moved to Colorado, I have sooooo enjoyed being able to eat out and order whatever vegan delicacy I would like, without being judged for my veganism.  In Florida, I had gotten pretty much used to people looking at me like I had two heads, if I ordered something without meat or cheese.  Enough of me blabbing, check out this breakfast at Watercourse in Denver.  As I mentioned before, I ordered the banana bread French toast.
 
 
I had to get a close up of this ridiculously awesome creation.  Topped with candied walnuts and fresh banana slices, this banana bread is so moist!
 
 
O.M.G.
Kyle ordered the breakfast burrito, filled to the brim with zucchini, peppers, chorizo, beans, Daiya, and smothered in gravy.  I try to be strategic and talk him into ordering something savory...that way, I can have the best of the sweet and savory worlds.  Muahahaha!
 
 
 
 
 This is also as good as can be!  I'm getting hungrier, the longer I look at these pictures.  I'll be writing about Watercourse's sister restaurant, City O' City, in the very near future.  We also have some really good friends coming to stay with us this week, so we are going to try some new restaurants out.  I can't wait to blog about them!
 
This may sound nerdy, but I'm off to watch So You Think You Can Dance.  I'm not into many TV shows, but that is one I cannot miss!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment