Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Comfort food at its finest...

Recently, I've noticed an increase in recipes for vegan mac and cheese...which is not a bad thing at all!  I have been an avid mac and cheese fan for as long as I can remember!  When I saw this recipe for Chili Fiesta Mac 'n' Cheese from Vegan Yack Attack, I knew what was on the menu tonight.

It was surprisingly easy to make.  20 minutes, and I had everything that I needed. 






















I couldn't find the Follow Your Heart fiesta shreds, so I ended up using Daiya cheddar shreds, which turned out awesome!  I didn't know that it could be so simple!  And the chili was dynamite, loaded with zucchini, bell pepper, and beans! 
 
 
This meal was incredible.  I know what I will be making when I start to crave some comfort food again!  And, how could I not mention the new Pyrex that I found at Goodwill?
 
 
I found these pieces on two separate occasions.  I always feel like I hit the Pyrex jackpot, when I find matching pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment