Sunday, September 15, 2013

An apple a day...

Can I start by telling you how much I love desserts?  I like fruity ones, chocolaty ones, pretty much anything!  I really enjoy making my own.  For example, this is an apple pie, that I made last Thanksgiving.

 
It turned out great, but it was definitely time consuming!  The other day, I was at Whole Foods, and I noticed an apple pie sitting there.  I thought for sure that it was going to have eggs in it, but to my surprise, it was vegan!  Next, I was walking down the frozen food aisle, when I saw a new coconut milk ice cream.  I figured it was worth a shot!  So I came home with...
 








These two things turned into this...
 
 
And I just have to say, The NadaMoo! ice cream was the most delicious non-dairy ice cream that I have ever tasted!  I have tried many different brands of ice cream, and have always been left feeling a bit disappointed.  I was not disappointed by a single thing with this!  It was creamy, rich, and had a great vanilla flavor.  I cannot wait to try the other flavors!  The apple pie was pretty darn good too.  I still think mine is better.  ;)
 

 
 

 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It pretty much blew my mind! :) Thank you so much for reading!

      Delete
  2. Yum! The pie looks delicious! I wish we had more brands of vegan ice cream here...we have a few coconut milk based ones but they are $14 for a tiny container, which I can't really justify.

    ReplyDelete
  3. $14 for a pint?!?!? I don't blame you for not buying that!!! It's around $5-6 here. Where do you live, if you don't mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete