Thursday, August 22, 2013

Breaking out of the lunch rut...

Lately my lunches have not been satisfying me.  I am usually eating lunch at work, so it has to be something convenient.  I do enjoy Tofurkey Hickory Smoked Deli Slices or PB&J, but they get old after awhile!  Once again, Angela from Oh She Glows did not disappoint with her Easy Flaked Almond "Tuna" Salad.     
 
 
 
It was super easy to make and it was devoured in a matter of minutes.  The base for this recipe are soaked almonds.  Who would have thought?!?!?  I enjoyed the added celery, which gave it a nice crunch, and definitely helped bring back memories of the tuna I used to eat.

 
 
I also had the juiciest nectarine ever!  This "tuna" recipe will stay on my menu rotation, for sure!  Anything that I can throw together in five minutes, is great.  The added bonus is how YUMMY it is!
 
 
Now I'm off to make some chocolate covered strawberries...
 
 
 
 
I am determined to turn Kyle into a chocolate covered strawberry lover...I don't know how a person could not go crazy for these beauties!

 

2 comments:

  1. Found your blog via www.randomofo.com. I totally sympathize with the lunch-rut. I'm always on the look out for new/easy ideas. Never would have thought to use almonds as "tuna" salad base! PS- Totally geeking out about your Pyrex/Corelle coordinates :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of almonds in that way either! Oh She Glows is definitely one of my go-to recipe blogs. And I am so happy to hear someone else appreciate Pyrex and Corelle :)

      Delete