Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Breakfast, the most important meal of the day...

I feel like everyone is always talking about how important breakfast is.  I have never been a "breakfast person".  Still to this day, I need some time to wake up and adjust before even thinking about eating anything!  I guess you could say that I am more of a "brunch type".  Lately, I have been making some delicious scrambles though, and it's making me want a real breakfast every day!

Here is one of my faves so far.  Oven roasted broccoli and some Daiya mozzarella style shreds.  I tried to recreate the amazing scramble that I had at Watercourse.  It was pretty darn close in deliciousness! 

 
Next up...I used some Upton's seitan bacon, Daiya cheddar style shreds, and fresh chives.  O.M.G.  And those are the leftover crescent rolls from our early Thanksgiving dinner. 
 
 
 
Michael, constantly creeping.
 
 
 
Now, I'm about to show you a picture of me in all my morning glory!  HAHAHA!!!  Don't mind my pajamas or bed head!  I have to say something first...Michael really doesn't beg a whole lot, even though my pictures may tell you otherwise!  He usually sits quietly, and patiently waits for any crumbs that may fall of my plate.  In this picture, you will see the result of Kyle getting Michael all excited about my food!  When he begs, he BEGS!!!  :)
 
 
 Back to my scrambles, I use the same basic tofu scramble recipe every time.  I think I found it in the Skinny Bitch cookbook.  It's nice to change it up though, with the mix-ins.  Who knows what I'll throw in there next time?!?
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment