Thursday, October 24, 2013

Just as I promised...


Remember when I said there would be another pizza post?  Well, I didn't lie, and here it is.  Whenever we find a pizza place that offers vegan pizza, we just have to try it!  Luckily, it seems as though we have a smorgasbord of places around us that have plenty to offer.  I was so excited when I discovered Hops and Pie.

 
We ordered it to go, because that place is BUSY!  I ordered a pan pizza with Daiya, housemade seitan sausage, green peppers, and onions.

 
You better believe that when I saw a vegan English style mac and cheese on their menu, it was going to be ordered.  I feel as though it is my duty to test every vegan mac and cheese that I find.  It had peas, mushrooms, and was topped with breadcrumbs!

 
This meal was sooooo delicious!  The pizza crust was perfect to me...I don't know how it was soft, chewy, and crunchy all at the same time.  And the mac and cheese...AYE AYE AYE!  It was quite possibly my favorite that I have ever tasted.

 
I have a special place in my heart for any kind of mac and cheese.  My Uncle Dick, who is no longer with us, shared the same love.  It may sound so silly, but that was OUR thing.  I would always make it, and we would just sit and talk about how much we loved macaroni and cheese.  It's the little things in life, right?  He was one of the sweetest people that I have ever known and I miss him like crazy!  Lately, I have really been missing my family, like ALOT.  It's a weird year for me, being the first year away from my family, especially around the Holidays.  But it will be that much more special when I do see them!  I was going to say that I promise, no more pizza posts for awhile, but I'm not sure that will happen.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment