Thursday, October 3, 2013

National Kale Day...

For those who may not have known, yesterday was National Kale Day!  I didn't even know that this existed, but it may be my favorite holiday now!  Yes, my kale obsession lives on, and I don't think it's going anywhere.  Can you guess what we had for dinner last night?


Yep, kale, with a side of veggie burger.  :)  I have started steaming two big bunches of curly kale at one time, so Kyle and I can each have our own.  My theory is that I could have much worse addictions!  I have to talk about this veggie burger for a second.

 
 
These Hilary's Eat Well burgers were on sale at Whole Foods, so I picked up a couple of different flavors.  This is their original veggie burger, and I also bought the hemp and greens burger.  I have to say, I was shocked at how flavorful these were.  It is definitely not your traditional faux burger...it is almost a cross between a burger and a hashbrown.  That may sound super weird, but I promise, it was delicious!  Kyle even said that they were his favorite faux burger ever.
 
 
I had one for lunch the other day as well, and it was tasty!  I forgot to take a picture of the hemp and greens burger, but that was also just as amazing!  I'll definitely start keeping some in the freezer for the dreaded "lazy night".  


No comments:

Post a Comment