Thursday, October 17, 2013

Time to experiment...

During the last week of Vegan MoFo, there was a post about some free samples of a newer product, The Vegg. If you haven't heard about it yet, it is a vegan egg yolk substitute.  I read some user feedback and I was super excited about trying it!  I love samples, especially of something that I haven't seen in any stores yet.  A couple of days after emailing the company, I received an envelope with a packet of The Vegg and a cookbook which explained how to use it.

 
I was surprised when I looked through some of the recipes.  Many of them called for ingredients such as calcium chloride beads or soy protein isolate.  The one thing I was willing to try was the tofu scramble, as there were no foreign ingredients to me.  I basically made my normal tofu scramble, and just added in The Vegg, mixed with some water. 

 
It definitely gave it more of an eggy consistency, but overall, I wasn't really digging it.  Kyle said that he also preferred my normal tofu scramble over this new version. 

 
I will say this...I do think it is awesome that more vegan alternatives are making their way into the market.  This one just doesn't do it for this girl. 
 
 
In Corningware news...my girlfriend, Devon surprised me with this new casserole dish, in their Blue Cornflower pattern.  Looks like I'll be making some Goodwill stops to find some matching pieces!!!  I love that girl!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment