Sunday, October 6, 2013

Leaves are a changing...

Everywhere I look around me, I see signs of Fall making its entrance.  I went out on my porch yesterday and this is what I found...

 
Not green anymore!  Unfortunately this change in weather brought sickness with it.  Everyone at my work has been getting sick and I knew that it was only a matter of time.  Sure enough, Friday night, I started getting a fever and sore throat.  I ended up going to bed without even eating dinner.  By dinnertime on Saturday, I was starving.  I needed some simple comfort food.  This is where some fellow blogger inspiration, and Kyle come into play.  I found this recipe for Garlic Noodles on Vegan Eats and Treats, and asked Kyle if he was up for the challenge. 
 
 
He made the garlic noodles, steamed broccoli with Daiya, and some fresh ciabatta toast.  It was so good!  And to my surprise, the garlic noodle leftovers were super delicious straight out of the fridge today.  I'm thinking a pasta salad is in my future!
 
 
He made me some hot chocolate for dessert, and even photographed it for me.  Nothing like a nice hot cup of cocoa to warm a sore throat!



No comments:

Post a Comment