Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Local love...

I have to start by saying that I love local businesses!  I love what they do and love supporting them!  Food trucks are pretty big, here in Denver.  We have one, called the Vegan Van.  Kyle and I have been meaning to try it out, but just haven't been able to find the time.  Finally, we did!!!  We went for their Sunday brunch.  They were parked outside of Nooch Vegan Market, another local business that I adore!
 
We both ordered the croissanwich and some tots.  The croissanwich was served on a croissant, from Beet Box, a local bakery in Denver.  Inside was a tofu scramble, chia seed cheese, and some vegan ham slices.  
 
 
 
 
First off, I think it is so awesome to have a food truck that is completely vegan!  Our brunch was really good.  The croissant was like no other that I have tasted, it was actually a bit crunchy, great flavor though .  I wish that I knew what kind of ham was inside, because it was crazy delicious.  The tots were your standard tots, tasty nonetheless.  I am just so glad that we finally had the opportunity to check this food truck out. 
 
While we were waiting in line, there were a couple of people in line behind us.  This is how their conversation went...
 
Guy-"The other day at work, this girl that I work with came in wearing a leather jacket and Doc Martens.  I wanted to confront her and tell her that she shouldn't be wearing those things if she is vegan."
 
Girl-"You know that they make vegan Doc Martens, right?"
 
Guy-"Well, I'm glad that I didn't say anything.  But she totally should not be wearing a leather jacket.  And I bet that her doc Martens were not vegan."
 
Girl-"You really shouldn't judge other people like that.  People do the best that they can.  Maybe she had them before she went vegan, and didn't want to get rid of them.  Anyhow, don't be that type of vegan.  That's why people often have a bad perception of us."
 
I was so happy to hear that girl say what she said.  Often, people do have the wrong idea or perception of what a vegan is, and what we stand for.  I can't tell you how many times I have been in the break room at work, eating my lunch, with omnivore coworkers, and they'll say, "I'm sorry for eating this meat right in front of you", or something to that effect.  Why would I ever judge someone else for what they are putting in their body?  It is their decision, and I can only hope that they reciprocate that acceptance. 
 
With that said, I will be posting more about Nooch very soon!  I can't wait, how about you?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment