Wednesday, October 9, 2013

My old life...

Before venturing down the vegan path, I was a "couponer".  That's right...I would go to Publix, fill up a cart with food, and usually save at least 75%!!!  There were times, when I would actually leave with a cart full and they would pay me, after applying all of my coupons.  I'm not going to lie, it was awesome having a $75-$100 a month budget for groceries!  But, if you look in the pictures below, we got what we paid for.  I really wish that I had more pictures of my pantry once it was fully stocked, but these are the only pictures I could find.  We were overloaded with sugary cereals, pop-tarts, turkey bacon, and cheese, just to name a few things.  
 
My first couponing haul.
 
 
In this pic, there are some cat treats, which may seem odd, seeing as though we don't have a cat!  I used to buy animal products and donate them to the Humane Society.  I'm not crazy! LOL
 
By no means, do I eat a perfect diet.  And I still definitely indulge!  But I feel as though I make much smarter choices now.  When I go to the grocery store, I start with produce, and load my cart to the brim.  I can fit a lot less junk this way. :) Of course, I spend a lot more on groceries than I did two years ago, but I also feel way different than I did two years ago.  Is it worth it?  Totally!  I thought going vegan was going to be the hardest thing ever, but it turns out, it isn't!  I have also come to realize that it is an ongoing transition and journey.  It's all about doing the best that we can!


No comments:

Post a Comment