Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Sputnik...

Last night, I met up with my good friend Devon, for some food and thrifting.  We went to a small restaurant in downtown Denver, called Sputnik.  Almost everything on their menu is vegan or has a vegan option, and it is really reasonably priced!  When we got there, it was still "happy hour".  This meant $2.00 hushpuppies...

 
That's right...little corn fritters with a roasted jalapeno sauce on the side!  We also split the $1.00 hand-dipped "zucchini dog". 

 
Now, I never said that this was the healthiest meal!  :)  But it sure was scrumptious!  Devon got the Vietnamese lettuce wraps, and really enjoyed them.  I was too busy stuffing my face to even try a bite!

 
And of course, I had to get the mac and cheese.  I seriously love their rendition!  It always has an abundance of green onion, and the creamiest texture.  I don't even know how they do it.


After this super filling meal, we headed over to Goodwill to searh for hidden gems. I found another little Corningware dish that matches some that I purchased recently. 
 
 
I also found this little statue that I am going to send to my mom.  My dad has a larger statue like this, that he uses as a door stop.  He has had it since the 70's, and I have always loved it.  I was so excited to see a "mom version". 
 
 
I love Goodwill!  I always find something!  I'm actually meeting up with another friend, Jayme, tomorrow.  We're doing Sputnik and Goodwill too.  She has not been to Sputnik yet.  I'm gonna try and go for a lighter dinner option this time!  I'll let you know how that goes on Friday.

 

2 comments:

  1. Those lettuce wraps were so amazing. Wish I could have tried that mac n' cheese but I was afraid I would have lost a finger. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA When that mac and cheese is in front of my face, I cannot guarantee the safety of fingers :)

      Delete