Friday, October 25, 2013

Vacation time...

As of 4:30PM today, I was officially on vacation.  We're not going anywhere, but I'm pretty stoked anyways.  Ten days to relax, cook, go to thrift stores, and blog more than usual...sounds ideal to me!  Kyle's birthday is also next weekend, so there will be some celebrating! 

Lately, I have felt so bogged down, that I have been completely forgetting to take pictures of what's going on in my life.  So, I'm tapping into the archives!  A couple of weeks ago, I posted about some local businesses, and I mentioned Nooch Vegan Market.  Well, I am finally gonna talk about them!

 
Whenever I read an issue of VegNews magazine, I always notice products that I can never find in any grocery store here, including Whole Foods.  Nooch has it all!  I was like a kid in a candy store, oohing and aahing over all of the things I never thought I would try.
 
First up, Daiya cream cheese.  This was probably what I was most excited to find.  They come in a variety of flavors, including plain, strawberry, and chive & onion.  I'm pretty traditional when it comes to cream cheese, so plain was my pick.  I have to say, it did not live up to my expectations.  I have been spoiled by their cheese shreds, cheese slices, and cheese wedges.  Kyle and I both found this to be rather salty.  Tofutti definitely wins the cream cheese battle in my book.
 
 
Next up, Match Meat Mediterranean Stuffed Vegan Chicken.  This was pretty darned good.  It reminded me of the Barber Foods stuffed chicken breasts that we ate in the old days.  For sure, it was more chicken-ey than most other frozen chicken substitutes.  What I enjoyed most, was the filling.  It was full of flavor, and they were a snap to prepare.
 
 
And lastly, Gardein "Sausage and Cheese" Breakfast Sandwiches.  I have to be completely honest about these.  Gardein is another brand that I hold to a high standard.  I love most of their products.  This one, not so much!  The sausage kind of grossed me out.  It was really mushy, and had a strange aftertaste to me.  Kyle wasn't crazy about them either.  I'd rather just make a breakfast sandwich from scratch.  Their stuffed turkey breasts will still be making their way into my cart though!  :)
 
 
That was it for this trip to Nooch.  I don't care if I don't enjoy everything I try.  I just love being able to actually try new things, and supporting an awesome local business!  I was so happy to hear that they are actually moving into a larger storefront in January!  On that note, I'm going to watch some Shark Tank.  I hope you're ready to see more of me in the next week and a half!

No comments:

Post a Comment