Thursday, October 10, 2013

The good, the bad, and the ugly...

Tonight, I got to catch up with my good friend, Jayme, who recently moved to Colorado.  I was super excited for her to experience Sputnik, which I recently blogged about, two days ago to be exact!  Well, this time around didn't go so well.  The service was probably the worst that I have ever experienced, and the food was not on par.  I'm not going into great detail, because maybe they were just having an off night.  I was just bummed, because I totally hyped this place up to Jayme.

Alright, now that I have the negative out of the way, let's talk about the positive! 

How about we start with Sweet Action Ice Cream ?  Another local fave that always offers at least two different vegan flavors!  Tonight they were offering...

 
 
I went with the chocolate in a sugar cone, and it was the bomb!  Jayme was feeling a bit more adventurous and went with the maple pale ale.  I recall her saying, "I don't want this to end, but I know it's going to", all with a sad face.  I'm so glad she moved to Colorado! :)

 
Now on a totally unrelated topic, I have to share a few things I love, and they were all part of my dinner last night.  With the weather getting quite chilly, I needed a nice comforting meal.  I whipped up a batch of Oh She Glow's spiced red lentil, tomato, and kale soup.  This soup took about ten minutes to throw together and is bursting with flavor.

 
Next, what goes better with a hearty soup, than a grilled cheese?  I recently picked up some of the new Daiya cheese slices, which melt like a dream!  Combine the Daiya with some freshly baked French bread, and it is a match made in Heaven!
 






And lastly, I found this little pot clip at Target for 49 cents!  It holds your utensil, while clipped on the pot, and collects all of the drippings!  I have always had a spoon rest, but have never really used it, but this idea is genius!  Goodbye spoon rest!


No comments:

Post a Comment