Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving and Isa Does It, Part 4...

I have to start with HAPPY THANKSGIVING!  Today is bittersweet as Kyle and I are celebrating for the first time without family, but we are finding our own traditions to start.  We are actually going to Native Foods Café for a full Thanksgiving meal, so I'll be posting about that next week.  For now on with my weeklong cookbook extravaganza! 
 
Today, I am presenting the recipes that involve things that I naturally love.  As you may have noticed in my previous posts, many of Isa's recipes are common favorites or a fun spinoff of such.
 
At the top of my list is the red-hot BLT.  For those of you who don't know me, I was a meat eater at one time, and BLT's were one of my favorite things EVER!  Whenever my mom said she was making BLT's, I would make sure that I was there.  Well, this red-hot BLT (or TLT, as I like to call it), is now my favorite sandwich!  Buffalo marinated tempeh, crisp romaine lettuce, juicy heirloom tomatoes, veganaise, all on fresh sourdough.  Mine looked different than the picture, but was to die for anyways! 
 
 
We had some tempeh left over, so the next day, I sliced it even thinner (than pictured below), and toasted the sourdough.  It was even better than the first time!  I am anxious to make this again, and again, and again!  :)
 

 
Moving onto my next obsession, kale.  This just happens to be a queso blanco bowl with crispy kale.  What you don't see is the mound of brown rice and pinto beans underneath.  They are covered in crispy kale chips, and smothered in a homemade queso, heirloom tomatoes, and diced avocado.  This was so filling, and the flavors and textures worked together so well.  Before, whenever I got a hankering for queso, I would buy the jar of vegan queso, which is around $6.99!  This queso tasted better to me, and was much cheaper to make.
 

 
Last on today's list, is a chocolate cake with gooey ganache.  This brought back memories of the molten lava cakes that I used to love.  The chocolate cake itself, was moist, and had the right amount of sweetness.  And I don't know if I have words for the ganache.  Dreamy, delectable, exquisite, Heavenly, rich...well, maybe I do have words!  I think you get the point.  ;)

 
My last post this week, will feature one recipe that stood out a little more than the others.  And that is saying a lot, as I could probably blog solely about this book, for the rest of the year!  Make sure to come back tomorrow and check it out!  And I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving, celebrating with those you love!


No comments:

Post a Comment