Monday, November 25, 2013

I have a new love affair with a cookbook, Isa Does It, Part 1...

A couple of weeks ago, Kyle and I were at Tradesmart.  He was looking at DVD's while I searched for a new and exciting cookbook.  I picked up a copy of Isa Does It, opened it up, and knew that I had to buy this book.  There were so many pictures, all of them really beautiful pictures.  As soon as we got back to our place, I was on the couch, in my pajamas, scouring the pages in search of my first recipe.  Within 15 minutes, I had already marked about 20 recipes that I was dying to make.  I thought that maybe I would try to make one recipe from the book, each day, for a week.  I can tell you, that since then, I am about 15 recipes deep, and I am LOVING them!  So this week, I will be blogging about everything I have made, in no particular order.

Notice all of the post it notes on all of the "must-makes"!

First up, broccoli cheddar soup.  This was so good and it looked exactly how I remember broccoli cheddar soup looking!  It was perfectly speckled with bits of broccoli and carrots.  The cheesy flavor was definitely there.  It was so simple to make, even without an immersion blender.  I bought a fresh loaf of sourdough to dip with, which never hurts!  :)


 
This bowl of soup did not last very long.  It tasted so good, that I didn't mind the fact that I was burning all of my taste buds off!  I did learn a lesson, to let it cool down a bit, before enjoying.  You better believe that I was scraping down the bowl with my sourdough!   

 
I was off to a good start, but how about something more simple?  When I saw the words, "Puffy Pillow Pancakes", I had my doubts.  I've made a variety of different types of pancakes, and I have never really been blown away by any of them.  After making these, I feel guilty for doubting, even for a second.  They were in fact puffy and pillowy, and so delicious!  The first batch to go in the pan, went in a tad early.  Isa did say to let the batter rest for ten minutes, which I didn't want to wait for.  That resulted in a less pillowy pancake, thanks to my impatience.  The other two batches though...WOW!  Kyle has requested these several times since then.  Tomorrow may be his lucky day (and mine).

 
This post is the kick off to my weeklong blogging about Isa and her amazing cookbook.  It's not often that I try over 15 recipes from a cookbook, and love every single one of them!  Here's to a great week of food!

No comments:

Post a Comment