Friday, November 29, 2013

Isa Does It, Part 5...

This whole week, I have been talking about the recipes that I have made from Isa Does It, and I am kind of sad that this week is over.  You can definitely count on seeing more recipes from this book in the future! 

Today, I just wanted to talk about one dish that totally surprised Kyle and I.  I'm talking about her Sticky Orange Chicky Stir-Fry.  I did end up using tofu, instead of the seitan.  I really love the chapters in her book, leading up to the recipes.  She has a chapter on "tofu butchery", which showed me how to make cute little triangles. 
 
 
I prepped everything so that it would be super easy to throw together.  Below I have my tofu triangles, fresh green beans, and scallions.

 
Also chopped up, shallots, red bell pepper, and the star of the show, fresh orange juice and zest!


With a little help from my new cast iron skillet, everything was seasoned and cooked in barely any time!  At this point, the citrus smell had my mouth watering.

 
I served it over some brown rice, and garnished it with some toasted sesame seeds. 

 
This was one of my favorite meals that I have ever made at home!  It filled me up, but tasted super light and crisp.  The orange zest was unbelievable.  From now on, when I'm craving Chinese takeout, I need to get off my tushy and make this! 
 
Like I mentioned before, I have never had such success with one cookbook.  But with this one, everything that I have made, I would gladly make again.  If you are in a rut with you meals, you need to get this book, and get your cook on! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment