Monday, November 25, 2013

Isa Does It, Part 2...

In my last post, I started talking about my favorite new cookbook, Isa Does It.  Here are four more recipes, that I have fallen in love with. 
 
First up is the lentil-a-roni.  I had never thought about using lentils as a substitute for ground beef, but I am glad that I now know!  The creaminess from the cashews took this dish to a whole other level.  I served it with some steamed kale, and was 100% satisfied! 
 
 
Next, I went with the Greek diner salad.  Again, I was feeling very skeptical of this recipe, but I trudged on.  Instead of making a traditional dressing, it called for making "feta" from boiled cashews.  After soaking the cashews overnight in various seasonings, they were transformed into delicious little chunks of Greek goodness.  I mixed my "feta" into my prepared salad, and topped with some store bought falafel balls.  I am looking forward to making this salad again in the very immediate future!


This next recipe filled my place with the most delicious smells!  Chewy, scrumptious, oatmeal raisin cookies.  They took me less than 10 minutes to throw together, but tasted like they took me forever to make!  Kyle absolutely devoured these!

 
Lastly, I tried the muffin pan mini omelets.  These took me 5 minutes to prepare all of the ingredients and pour into a muffin tin.  The only things I added were some black pepper and fresh chives.  I was so excited to find a different "egg option" besides tofu scramble.  These will be perfect for my breakfast sandwiches!  I love that you can totally customize them, depending on what you're craving, and what is in your crisper bin.  I have made them again, with some fresh scallions.  Next time, I want to try adding some onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms.  I have found these to be so convenient in the morning.  They are easy to reheat and stuff inside of a bagel or English muffin. 
 
 
Stay tuned for part 3...

No comments:

Post a Comment