Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Birthday Boy's Weekend, Part 2...

Sunday, I started by making breakfast of Kyle's choice.  He chose breakfast sandwiches and hashbrowns. 

 
After breakfast, we walked over to a football field near our place.  Michael loves running around the track with Kyle.  And I love to watch. :)
 
 
For lunch, our friends, Matt and Devon, went with us to Hops and Pie for some pizza. 
 
 
 This might have been THE best pizza combination that I have ever tasted!  We got the house smoked tofu, broccoli, and caramelized onions, with Daiya cheese, of course!  OY VEY!  From now on, this is my official toppings combo, for real.  There wasn't a crumb left! 
 


 After lunch, time for Sunday football!  We put on our jammies and relaxed the day away.

 
We snacked on some popcorn.  Michael quickly rebounded any dropped kernels.  :)

 
This is the popcorn that we were munching on.  This popcorn is beyond any other popcorn that I've tried.  This particular flavor is like a kettle corn, but it is on a whole other level!

 
That was pretty much the gist of our Sunday.  Monday, we went to see the movie, "Bad Grandpa", which was hilarious!  We were going to do a double feature, but we were both feeling too antsy to sit through another movie.  We decided to try a local Mexican restaurant, Tarasco's, which I read about on The Gay Vegans Blog.  They were so right about how great this place is! 
 
 
After the free chips and salsa, we ordered a tamale to split.  I can't for the life of me remember exactly what was in this.  All I know, is that I wish we had ordered two.  

 
The owner suggested that we try the horchata, which was made with water, oats, vanilla, and cinnamon.  I'm not gonna lie, I was a bit nervous to try it.  But man, it was sooooo scrumptious!  Now I'm wanting to make this drink at home!

 
Lastly, we split the spinach enchiladas with rice and beans.  The enchiladas were simply amazing!  The mix of sautéed spinach and fresh creamy tomato sauce blew my socks off.  

 
The owner was really sweet, and talked to us almost the entire time we were there.  We went at a weird time of day, so we were the only ones there.  We talked all about Colorado, and he wanted to know more about our choice to go vegan.  He was so friendly, and we can't wait to go back!
 
Next up, I'll be gushing about my new favorite cookbook...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment