Tuesday, August 6, 2013

What a difference a year makes...

At this time last year, my husband, Kyle and I had just started discussing making a big change in our lives.  We both felt as though we needed some new scenery.  Our goal was that within four months, we would have a concrete plan, and be on the road to our new home.  We laid out all of our options...Oregon, Maine, California...

...or how about COLORADO?!?!?

Our guts told us that Colorado would be the perfect place to settle down.  So, four months later, we started the three day trek to Denver.  My in-law's graciously helped us with this move.  With a ton of boxes, two cars, and a doggie, we definitely appreciated everything they did. 




Within three days, we arrived in Denver.  I was amazed with how beautiful everything was.  I had never seen mountains, or snow!!!  This Winter Wonderland was so much more than I had anticipated.  

Once the snow started to melt, we could go out and explore a little more.  Our first venture was to Red Rocks.  Let's just say that the second I stepped out of the car and looked at our surroundings, I knew this will probably be our "forever home".  

 
 
 
In the months that we have been here, I feel like I have found so much happiness.  Our main objective with moving, was to simplify our lives, let go of all the unnecessary stress, and start to truly find joy in the little things. 
 
That brings me to this blog...I've always wanted to do this, so why not?!?!?  I hope you're ready to hear about the delicious vegan foods I eat and the shenanigans that my little family gets into  :)
 
Until next time, my friends... 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment